Hi, I've got a Euro Passat B7 Variant 3.6 4motion with a 02E DSG6 gearbox. I bought the car with 90 000mi on it and now it has sligh...

DSG behavior

DSG behavior

DSG behavior

8 10 99

Hi,

I've got a Euro Passat B7 Variant 3.6 4motion with a 02E DSG6 gearbox. I bought the car with 90 000mi on it and now it has slightly more than 100 000.

According to the service manual, the car has been serviced on time by VW dealer. The next big service (including gearbox service) is to be done in 6000mi.

The DSG is acting up weird in my opinion and I would like to know if it's normal or not.

First: at 50mph, if I manually down shift from 6th to 5th (for example because the speed limit goes to 70mph), I often get a kick, and sometimes it's quite aggressive. The gear shift is quick but I get that uncomfortable kick. Not always, but often. Is that normal? 5th gear is the only possible preselected gear so I'm not sure why I get this kick. Maybe because in 6th at 50mph the engine is sitting at low RPM? I get the kick from downshifting at 60mph as well, but I'd say the most aggressive ones are at 50mph.

Another strange behavior is that manually downshifting from 5th to 4th, or 4th to 3rd, is sometimes weird. I understand that if I force downshift when the preselected gear is the upshift, the gearbox is slow. What is strange is that when I force the downshift for example from 4th to 3rd, the gearbox seems to disengage completely (the car stops accelerating), there is some strange noise from the gearbox, and it finally downshifts after roughly 1 second of this erratic behavior.

I understand that the gearbox wasn't expecting me to downshift, but the logical way of operating would be to stay in 4th as long as 3rd is not ready, and shift down only when it is. Not disengage and do whatever noisy thing it is doing.

Is that normal behavior?

I've got also some whining noise in 4th gear. It sounds a bit like a supercharger. I can't hear it in 3rd, 5th or 6th. I think I can hear it in 2nd, but not sure anymore. I like the noise :) but I don't think it is normal, is it?

Other than these observations, I'd say the gearbox is smooth. I do get some vibrations/shudders while stopped at red lights in Drive, but I've read that it is nominal behavior, sadly for a 65000€ car (price new). I never heard the typical DMF rattle at startup and/or idle.

Basically I'm trying to assess the health status of the car before taking a decision whether I keep it or ditch it. The rear diff is whining on hot days during deceleration, the panoramic sunroof is creaking, the RNS510 is driving me nuts, the electric tailgate is slamming hard on hot days, etc... quite a few annoying things, but I do enjoy the car that I found overall practical and enjoyable to drive.

Thanks!Sat, 10 Oct 2020 07:51:34 GMT

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Visit this link to stop these emails: http://zpr.io/tJLT4

0 comments: