Hi All, I have a 2010 Jetta TSI on which I upgraded the chain tensioner last year. Now it developed a leak from the timing cover, so I w...

Just Another 2010 Jetta 2.0 TSI timing chain stretch

Just Another 2010 Jetta 2.0 TSI timing chain stretch

Just Another 2010 Jetta 2.0 TSI timing chain stretch

8 10 99

Hi All,

I have a 2010 Jetta TSI on which I upgraded the chain tensioner last year. Now it developed a leak from the timing cover, so I will have to pull that again. I thought perhaps it`s a good idea to replace the whole timing set once I`m there. What do you guys think? The car is nearing 100k miles and the engine runs perfectly, no chain rattle or anything like that. When do these chains typically stretch beyond specs? The other question is related to the timing kit: there are several kinds out there with a huge variability in price. I guess the OEM works fine and is the most recommended, but how about the cheap ones? Any experience with these?

Thanks

GregTue, 10 Nov 2020 00:37:24 GMT

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Visit this link to stop these emails: http://zpr.io/tJLT4

0 comments: