OBD1 ABA to the '76 carb rabbit guy again. 1. I ripped the charcoal canister off the thing a while back so my fuel tank only vents f...

Mk1 ABA swap emissions, wiring, sending unit

Mk1 ABA swap emissions, wiring, sending unit

Mk1 ABA swap emissions, wiring, sending unit

8 10 99

OBD1 ABA to the '76 carb rabbit guy again.

1. I ripped the charcoal canister off the thing a while back so my fuel tank only vents from a hose coming from the side of the tank. Will that be ok with the ABA and its different fuel system?

2. Is it fine to use my old sending unit? Or would I do better to get one from a newer CIS mk1?

3. Does anyone know if NLS ever made an OBD1 swap harness? If not, is there anyone I could send the stock + donor harness to to have it done?

How will that even work in an early car like I have? My car has no computer, no wires to the tank, and my fuse box is so old it uses the little torpedo fuses.

Shouldn't I be able to just rip all that old stuff out (fuse box and harness), and wire the lights, FI system, coil, horn, send unit, sound system, off the ABA fuse box? I mean that's literally all my car had to power at stock.

Yes yes and yes I did read the main ABA swap thread, but a lot of this wiring stuff is gibberish to me. Hence, why I'd buy an NLS harness in a heartbeat.

Appreciate it fellasMon, 09 Nov 2020 03:55:27 GMT

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Visit this link to stop these emails: http://zpr.io/tJLT4

0 comments: